And what a whirlwind of a week it was! I started off in D.C. for work to help open a restaurant chain and then I made my way back to Chicago for a night and then I was off to Seattle for my childhood friend’s wedding. I have been to Seattle once before but going back in the fall when it is rainy and cool made me fall in love with this city. If you are looking for a cozy getaway, Seattle is the place to go. From coffee shop after coffee shop to cute cafes and tree lined streets, the city has a certain charm to it that I love.
The wedding itself was gorgeous and it was the perfect fall wedding. From twinkle lights to pumpkin place settings to an adorable coffee station and even a donut bar. Seattle style at its finest. I feel like at a wedding, you can never go wrong with wearing red, no matter what time of year, so I decided to go with my my red dress from Nordstrom. Ruffled sleeves in any way, shape or form aren’t going anywhere, so I immediately fell in love with the dress for it’s high neck and ruffled top. It was so comfortable wear too and I know I will wear it again. Also did I mention it was only $58?! Steal! I paired it with my black Steve Madden heels and a sequined clutch.
As far as makeup and hair goes, I used my hourglass foundation, naked eye palette and my make up for ever matte lipstick in Praline (my new go to lip other than the Kylie Lip Kits…). For my hair, I waved it like I show in my video, but this time I gently brushed out my waves, pulled one side of my hair back, and hair sprayed it. Felt a little more wedding-esque with part of it back :).
I am so happy for my friend who got married and I can’t wait to visit Seattle again soon! If you are looking for a few recommendations on where to check out, I linked a few of my favorites below.
Places to go in Seattle
- Storyville Coffee: Storyville makes their own almond AND cashew milk (they use dates to sweeten the almond milk and use coconut milk in their cashew milk)
- Cutter’s Crabhouse: The BEST dynamite rolls (topped with Parmesan… who would have thought?!) and crab cakes. Lavender cosmo? Oh yes.
- The London Plane: An adorable cafe nestled away in Occidental Square. This was one of my favorite neighborhoods with so many trees and cobbled streets.
- Pike’s Place Market: So fun to walk around and see all the goodies the market has to offer.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: Gorgeous glass designs perfect for a summer or rainy day.